How Long Does it Take to Dry a Commercial Property?
SERVPRO Provides Efficient Commercial Water Removal and Drying to Edgewater Businesses in Need.
What is efficient drying, and how can it help a business?
Water intrusion events can occur in your Edgewater business at any time. The reasons for these issues can come from a variety of sources. Perhaps somebody forgets to turn off a faucet, or a sewer main backs up unexpectedly. These issues can frequently impact the ability of your business to function. SERVPRO understands how temporary closure can affect a business. Our technicians have training on how air, water, temperature, and materials interact. This knowledge helps us put efficient drying plans that can return your business to its pre-damaged condition.
How does water intrusion damage Edgewater business premises?
- Large amounts of liquid contact the structure causing harm
- Water vapor evaporating can harm the upper walls and ceilings of your property
- High humidity levels can contribute to secondary damage to microbial growth
What Is Psychrometry, And How Does It Affect Commercial Restoration?
Psychrometry refers to atmospheric readings. When enough water enters your building to require commercial water removal services in Edgewater, a drying procedure must be implemented. SERVPRO water restoration technicians (WRT) manipulate the indoor atmosphere using drying equipment. By ensuring that indoor air remains dry enough to encourage evaporation, our technicians can speed up the time it takes to return your business to a pre-damaged condition. We often return multiple times to monitor psychrometric readings and measure the effectiveness of our drying plan.
What materials affect drying times?
- Materials with high permeance absorb water quickly but can also dry faster
- Vapor barriers prevent moisture from passing. These can raise the overall humidity of the area
- Hygroscopic materials quickly absorb water vapor. These may include carpets, insulation, or upholstery
If your business becomes affected by water intrusion, contact SERVPRO of Fort Lee at (201) 496-6024.